This document acts as the Modcast Network copyright notice, Terms of service & Data policy
1 Copyright Notice
The Modcast Podcast, Audio/visuals from any Modcast Podcast episodes, The Modcast Podcast banhammer logo and articles & original programming at the domains listed in section 1.1 of this document are the property of Panley Entertainment. Unauthorized use of any assets, theft of assets or use of assets outside of the allowed usage policy detailed in section 1.2 of this document may be in breach of The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
1.1 The Modcast Podcast operate the following domains under it's copyright:
1.2 Allowed use
The Modcast Podcast reserves the right to allow or deny usage of any copyrighted material for any reason outside of the Exceptions to copyright as listed below. Under the Exceptions to copyright detailed by United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office, we allow use of our copyrighted works for the following reasons:
- Personal use, research and education on behalf of consumers in non-commercial usage
- Teaching and education including reproduction and distribution soley within an educational non-commercial environment
- Criticism, review and transformative content as detailed under Fair Dealing legislation
- Alteration, reproduction or distribution to aid disabled individuals in accessing any copyrighted material for personal use, non-commercial use and use by an 'authorised body” outlined in Section 31F CDPA
- Individual articles and episodes may be referenced, quoted, transcripted or distributed provided all instances of distribution reference first party material in entirety, recognize and acknowledge the ownership of such material by Panley Entertainment and any referenced work is linked to clearly within any use case.
Abuse or misuse of copyright exceptions or allowances may be in breach of The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
1.3 Submitting a Copyright takedown notice
In the event that any content hosted or provided by The Modcast Podcast contains the copyrighted work of any other entity, you may submit a Copyright takedown notice to [email protected] When submitting reference the instances of any such content where possible, your rights to the content as or acting on the behalf of the copyright holder and provide a method of contact for any discussion of your notice as required.
2 Terms of service
The Modcast Podcast reserves the right to refuse usage of any of it's services for any reason. At any time we may revoke access to any works, media or services hosted on any of the domains as listed in section 1.1 of this document. Usage of any of the services listed in section 2.1 of this document are subject to conformity to all guidelines and requirements as listed in section 2.2 of this document. Failure to conform to this may result in removal of individual access to any services.
2.1 Services provided by The Modcast Podcast
The Modcast Podcast operate and reserve the rights to manage access to the follwing services:
- Articles composed, posted and shared on the modcast.network domain and any relevant subdomain
- Modcast Podcast episodes as hosted on the modcast.network domain, and their hosting on any 3rd party platforms
- Access to any content hosted on 3rd party platforms as provided by the Modcast Podcast is subject to those platforms discretion.
- Access to and engagement with any Social media account or platform operated by The Modcast Podcast, for example our Discord server, Twitter account or Twitch channel.
2.2 Guidelines and Requirements
As an end user, consumer or participant in any project, platform or account as provided by The Modcast Podcast, you are required to conform to the following:
- You must not use any product or service to engage in any act of terrorism, hate crime or any illegal act under UK law
- You must not engage in racist, homophobic, ableist, or otherwise demeaning or targeting behaviour on any service or platform provided
- You must conform to Terms of Service of any platforms that The Modcast Podcast maintains a presence on, utilizes or provides services through
- You must not engage in any form of harrasment towards any other end user, consumer or participant in any project, platform or account as provided by The Modcast Podcast
- You must obey the direction of any content moderators, community managers or staff of The Modcast Podcast on any project, platform or account as provided by The Modcast Podcast
- You must not attempt to disrupt any project, platform or account as provided by The Modcast Podcast by means of 'rading', hacking, DDOS attacks or any targeted attack with the intent or result of harming infrastructure, image or staff of The Modcast Podcast or any infrastructure, image or staff of any platforms that The Modcast Podcast maintains a presence on, utilizes or provides services through
2.3 Actions The Modcast Podcast may take in the event of non-conformity
In the event an individual fails to conform to these guidelines, we may limit or refuse access to any first party services, and limit or refuse access to any platform operated by The Modcast Podcast in any way deemed fit. In the event an end user engages in any illegal behaviour, we may work with relevant governing bodies or law enforcement to identify and provide evidence of the behaviour of such users.
3 Data policy
Sites and domains operated as listed in section 1.1 of this document utilize 3rd parties to prevent abuse and track site usage. We utilize Cloudflare and Google Analytics as 3rd parties. We do not store any information provided by Cloudflare. You can view their policies below:
We store e-mails used to subscribe to our mailing list only for serving posts and content subcribed to. Any emails used to subscribe in this way may unsubscribe via a link provided at the bottom of any e-mails distributed to the relevant accounts.
Access to and engagement with any Social media account or platform operated by The Modcast Podcast is subject to the data policy of the relevant platforms and access to and engagement with any 3rd party host utilized by The Modcast Podcast to host content created by The Modcast Podcast is subject to the data policy of the relevant platforms.
In the event you require further information or seek to use copyrighted content, please contact us at [email protected]